AIC - IBC1000 UN
|Material:||Blow molded HDPE and welded steel tube frame – galvanized|
|UN Approval:||UN 31HA1/Y|
|Inlet/Outlet Dimensions (mm):
|Note:||Maximum density 1.9|
The Benefits of Using IBC Tanks
Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) are industrial standard storage tanks that can be used for multiple liquids, whether short or long-term.
IBC tanks are generally made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and most are suited to transporting liquids suitable for consumption, such as water and milk.
It is important to purchase the correct IBC water tanks for your needs, with more viscous materials requiring a heavier tank. Guidelines need to be adhered to when transporting hazardous liquids.
Different types of IBC tanks
There is a range of IBC’s on the market including:
• Bag-in-box tanks that use liquid liners
• Cardboard containers
• Diesel storage tanks
• Folding tanks
• Rigid containers (using a bottle and a cage)
• Stainless steel containers or vessels
Why choose IBC tanks
In some industries, a standard 55-gallon drum is still used to store and transport liquids, as some businesses are wary of shifting to another method. Some traditionalists believe “if something isn’t broken, don’t fix it.” But they need to understand that IBC tanks offer many benefits, including:
• A greater storage capacity
• Due to more storage in one tank you will need fewer containers
• IBC tanks are portable and can be moved easily
• No need for expensive pallets • IBC tanks can be used several times
• IBC tanks can be drained fully so there is no waste
• Improved accident rate due to easier handling
• Easy disposal
• Environmentally friendly due to easy disposable and little waste
• Can be filled from the top or bottom
• Controlled discharge
• Allows for bulk packaging that is required when shipping to other countries at a low cost
• Fully galvanised tanks can last up to 20 years
• IBC tanks can save up to 75% of storage costs
• IBC tanks come in a variety of shapes and sizes and some can be customised to meet your specific requirements
Factors such as these mean that IBC tanks are cost-effective for businesses and you can save money on what you would usually pay out for standard drums.
One person should be able to transport one tonne of product when using a forklift jack to lift and carry the tanks, which means that you can save money on manpower too.
AIC Plastic Pallets IBC containers are made from blow moulded HDPE and welded steel tube frame, which allows for added strength and durability.
As mentioned above, IBC tanks are great for the environment, which is great for companies that are doing their best to lower their carbon footprint.
Greater storage facilities means fewer trips to and from your destination, and stronger tanks can be used several times.
Residue and waste are top issues when it comes to looking after the world that we live in and by using reusable packaging in the form of IBC tanks, you are doing your bit for the environment.
To find out more about purchasing an AIC IBC container, get in touch with us today to talk about your specific requirements.